Continuing Education Module 8 – How to Write Clear Environmental Health Information
Public Health Assessment Training
The Public Health Assessment Training (PHAT) online modules are designed to increase knowledge and change competency of environmental health practices and strategies. The content of the modules is derived from the method used by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), which is known as the public health assessment (PHA), to evaluate exposure to hazardous substances.
At the conclusion of Module 8:How to Write Clear Environmental Health Information, the participant will be able to:
- Effectively explain the importance of writing in clear language.
- Prepare to write appropriate environmental health messages in their documents.
- Apply 12 clear writing techniques to make their writing clear and effective.
- Use available resources on clear writing to build upon their skills as public health writers.
- Traci Augustosky, PhD (ABD) MAIS MS, Lead Tech Writer-Editor, National Center for Environmental Health/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Sandra M. López-Carreras, BS MS, Health Scientist/Training Coordinator, ATSDR
- Liz Bertelsen, MPH, Senior Scientist, Eastern Research Group, Inc.
- Danielle Langmann, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, ATSDR
- Karen Scruton, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, ATSDR
Origination Date: May 14, 2021
Renewal Date: May 15, 2023
Expiration Date: May 15, 2025
Hardware/Software: Computer Hardware; Internet connection; Browser, Word, Adobe
Public health professionals involved or interested in the PHA process, including Environmental Health Specialists, Toxicologists, Epidemiologists, Medical Officers, Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Community Involvement Specialists, Health Communicators, and Program Managers.
Format: These modules are online, asynchronous, and self-paced.
Sandra M. López-Carreras BS MS, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-488-0663
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEU’s for this program.
CDC, our planners, content experts, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Planning committee reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
In order to receive continuing education (CE) for WB4467R – Public Health Assessment Training: Module 8: How to Write Clear Environmental Health Information, please visit TCEO and follow these 9 Simple Steps before 05/15/2025. Use the “WB4467R” course number to search for this course.